[Sca-cooks] Couple of quick questions for the list....

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 10:30:59 PDT 2008

Actually, I have a similar recipe only I use 1 part butter to 2 parts sugar
to 4 parts flour!  They turn out really well...and you can make them even
more special by adding minced candied ginger to the mix...I don't really
have a quantity, but whatever looks right!  The basic recipe comes from a
Scottish cookery book from a Rural Home Women's group that I purchased in
Scotland many years ago.  The recipe is actually called "Petticoat Tails",
but it is shortbread!  When you bake them, be sure that pierce them several
times with a fork so that they cook more evenly.

Kiri