[Sca-cooks] Utah canning

Cindy Sorenson wolfhawke81 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 14 08:38:19 PDT 2008

Depending on where you are going in Utah.... taking Bear Lake route or Weber Canyon??  If you take Bear Lake route (snow allowing??), stop at Smithfield Implement in Smithfield (north of Logan).  Also, if you take Sardine Canyon out of Logan into Brigham, you can take the left turn at the stop light (if memory serves me right) to go through Fruit Row between Brigham and Willard... you may be able to get some late goodies at the markets there!  When I lived in Logan, Fruit Row was always a treat!!  :-)  Now, I'm in Iowa, and have had a ball dealing with wild grapes, elderberries, mulberries, chokecherries, and wild plums.... plus apples and peaches, black walnuts and hickory nuts.  Yes, canning is definitely addictive... and now, I wait for December for the phone calls asking if I'm ready for a deer!  I usually end up with 4 - 5 of them to dress out!  Life is SO rough!  ;-)