[Sca-cooks] OOP canning adventures

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Oct 14 21:52:22 PDT 2008

selene at earthlink.net writes:
<<< A  quick look at Google shows me that I'm
not the only one who buys that  brand, in part, to recycle the jars. >>>

and then Etain replied:
<<< That's true...but it doesn't have a standard size lid!  You have
to  reuse
the lids that come on them! >>>

Then how can you use them for canning? I thought from earlier
conversations here that you could re-use the rings but you were
supposed to use new lids each time. Does someone make the right sized
lids? Or do you do as Etain suggested and reuse the lids until the
gasket gives out?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas