[Sca-cooks] jellies into wine

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Wed Oct 15 14:09:01 PDT 2008

But if you melt the jelly and add a little water, it would probably be
fantastic brushed over a butter or sponge cake of the appropriate flavor.
Plus it keeps the crumbs in.

Unless you're my mother, in which case it won't have set no matter what
you do:

Me: "Mom, I accidentally knocked a jar of that mixed fruit jelly off
the white cabinet and now there are glass fragments and bits of
mixed-fruit pancake syrup all over the basement floor."
Mom: "It didn't set! Dammit!*"

*One of the three times in recorded history that my mother actually used
profanity.

Margaret FitzWilliam