[Sca-cooks] Venison Recipes Wanted

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Wed Oct 22 15:46:39 PDT 2008

On Oct 22, 2008, at 5:29 PM, Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Doesn't venison come from deer?

Venison, from the French, from the Latin, is that which is hunted,
generally speaking, four-legged game, insluding things like boar, but
in the US generally refers to the meat of deer and cervid critters in
general, up to and including the moose hunted by Sarah Palin's dad and
ex-brother-in-law.

> What are "chantarelles"?

Yes, as mentioned elsewhere, they're a species (or group of species?)
of wild mushroom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chanterelles

Adamantius (more a morel man, but loves me them chanterelles, too)

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter