[Sca-cooks] Venison Recipes Wanted

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Wed Oct 22 21:27:14 PDT 2008

On Oct 22, 2008, at 10:24 PM, S CLEMENGER wrote:

> In a formal sense, perhaps, but out here, beyond the ken of NYNY,
> "venison"
> is used to refer to deer meat, while the meat of other critters
> (moose, elk,
> antelope) is referred to by the animal name, or, occasionally, as a
> combination, e.g., "elk venison steak."

Well, I'm not denying that that usage is out there. I'm just trying to
explain to Stefan that it is, in fact, possible to use the word and
not mean the meat of white-tailed deer, and still be correct.

> Our farmers' markets are flooded with morels in late spring/early
> summer.
> Want me to buy some for you next year, Master A, and dry them?

Oooh, baby! If you find yourself looking for a project when the time
comes, I'm definitely in!

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter