[Sca-cooks] scallops

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Fri Oct 3 08:16:37 PDT 2008

If you are searing or broiling the scallops you will get much better
results if you DO NOT use scallops that have been soak for preservation.
Most frozen scallops (in bags) are.
I know we are lucky out here in the PNW to have access to Seafood at
a much lower cost and fresher quality but it worth asking your Fish
Monger about getting in Fresh or Fresh Frozen Scallops with out the
chemical they soak them in.
The texture and taste are totally different.
Especially when searing them as the natural sugar of the scallop
comes out and caramelizes to a delicious sweet goodness.

Eduardo

Food is life. May the plenty that graces your table truly be a VAST
REPAST.

David Walddon
david at vastrepast.com
www.vastrepast.com