[Sca-cooks] Suggestions for leftover soup chicken?

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 18:05:15 PDT 2008

Well, you could make chicken salad...I've made a variety that includes dried
cherries, pistachios, celery and onions, all with a curry dressing (sweet
curry, beau monde seasoning, mayonnaise and sour cream).  Pretty good
stuff.  Not sure what you have in your chicken broth, but what you describe
is the way I start Brunswick Stew...boil chicken, celery and onion to make a
stock, strip chicken off of the bones and set aside, add canned tomatoes,
cubed potatoes, shoepeg corn, butterbeans and seasonings...cook until tender
then add the chicken back in.  If you are interested, I can send you the
full recipe...it's a recipe used by Chowning's Tavern in Colonial
Williamsburg, VA. and always a crowd pleaser!

Kiri