[Sca-cooks] Interesting locally-produced foods...(oop)

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Mon Oct 13 04:09:45 PDT 2008

You might take a look at a book like Bruce Aidells's Complete Sausage
Book : Recipes from America's Premium Sausage Maker.
Several interesting recipes in there. http://www.aidells.com/
I don't know that our farmer's market would be allowed to sell sausages.
We had a local baker get into trouble for not
bagging his bread in clear plastic bags.
http://blog.mlive.com/annarbornews/2007/09/inspector_orders_bread_destroy.html

They are inspecting local farms now to make sure that everything is
personally grown locally too by the farmer. We have
people with leased land up north with orchards on the land that are
running afoul of the
regulations. I gather you can't bring fruit into the Ann Arbor farmers
markets unless you personally
grew it yourself. It's becoming big business to be in the market.

Johnnae