[Sca-cooks] OOP canning adventures

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Tue Oct 14 07:19:02 PDT 2008

Cheap lemons? oh, sigh!!!
It must be that time of year, indeed....my kitchen is cluttered with canning
junk right now.  I did up another batch of spiced mustard, a batch of
pomegranate jelly, a batch of rose/cherry jelly, and a batch of sage/apple
jelly.  (All intended as donations to our baronage's largesse "fund").
Hoping to do tomatoes this weekend....
I used to do a ferocious amount of canning and freezing when I was a kid--we
had a huge garden, a root cellar, two full-size freezers, and a lot of
shelves in the basement for canned goods.  I miss that...I've got a tiny
"hobby" garden now, and no room to store canned goods or have a freezer....
--Maire