[Sca-cooks] new kitcheny goodness!

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Tue Oct 14 14:37:03 PDT 2008

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008, Etain1263 at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 10/14/2008 11:47:25 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com writes:
>
> Margaret
> (T-minus four days to an actual  kitchen!!!)
>
> You too??   Four weeks ago some friends tore out my cabinets to  put in
> new.....they STILL aren't done!   the walls had to be torn out  and reshimmed, the
> wiring had to be redone, the plumbing under the sink had to  be updated..and
> the current heating pipes had to be moved!   Then  there is the cabinet that
> won't fit thru the door...haven't figured that one out  yet...and the finale is
> the pantry cabinet that is 85" tall...and the kitchen is  80".   It's been
> fun.  I got a great deal of my canning out of  the way before "teardown"..but my
> garden is dying and I wanted to do one last  batch of tomatoes!   (and try
> that green tomato chutney posted  earlier!)
>
> Etain

Well, apparently "my" faucet is on backorder, so they were going to put in
a temporary faucet, now I think the sink is *also* on backorder, but
everything ELSE will be done Friday. We gutted the kitchen and I get a new
6-burner Jenn-Air gas cooktop with a pot-filler, two (TWO!!!) ovens
(electric), a new fridge, a new dishwasher, and a granite baking counter.
And cork flooring. And lights!! Lots of lights! And a pull-out pantry
which will probably become the spice cabinet. And did I mention the
6-burner cooktop?

Margaret the-not-excited-at-all-no-sirree-bob