[Sca-cooks] Canning/Largesse

Mark S. Harris marksharris at austin.rr.com
Tue Oct 14 23:26:08 PDT 2008

Gunthar commented:

<<< That's a cool idea. I'd love to hand out batches of
canned food or jellies as largesse. I'd personally
like to make a huge batch of spiced mustard
to hand out as gifts. I've been told that people have
gotten addicted to my mustards. >>>

Do you really need to can mustards? I thought the vinegar would
preserve them.

<<< Also, wine jellies are very easy to do. >>>

Oh? directions and/or recipes, please?  What is your favorite wine to
use for these?

<<< You think people would like a gift of food made by the King? >>>

It might depend upon who the king *is*.  The cooking of that king who
would only eat hot dogs might not be a good choice, while something
that you (Gunthar or Alys) cook probably would be appreciated for
taste as well as from where it came from.

Do you have a personal seal or is there a kingdom seal that you could
stamp some sealing wax on top of the jar with?

Stefan
======
Mark S. Harris
Electronics Engineer, Board and Systems Design
MarkSHarris at austin.rr.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris