[Sca-cooks] toys for Gunthar

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Oct 17 00:13:24 PDT 2008

Elizabeth said:

<<< The idea came about to address the ponies and toys that offen
just appear on our thrones or in our general vicinity. Gunthar has a
very playful nature, has been known to make a toy out of anything at
hand, and has more than once mentioned ponies in e-mails on Baronial
and Kingdom lists. Our head of entourage came up with the Toys for
Tots idea and we decided to incorporate it into the first part of our
reign, which falls during the holiday season. >>>

Hmmm. I got the impression from the earlier message that the toys had
to be store bought. Maybe they do need to be for the Toys for Tots
program.

But on the more general topic of toys for Gunthar, there are these
Florilegium files:

2-Hobbyhorses-art  (5K)  1/28/01    "Two Ideas for Hobbyhorses" by
Mistress
                                        Slaine ni Chiarain.
baby-gifts-msg    (20K)  4/13/98    Period-type and SCA-useful baby
gifts.
toys-msg          (63K)  7/20/99    Period and SCA toys.
Toys-in-th-MA-art (26K)  8/30/99    "Toys in the Middle Ages" By Lady
Margritte
                                        of Ravenscroft.
teething-toys-msg (22K)  1/ 5/01    Period and SCA teething toys for
infants.
whips-msg         (22K)  2/26/08    Medieval whips. Construction and
use.
chasity-belts-msg (14K)  9/12/97    Chasity belts in the Middle Ages.

:-)

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas