[Sca-cooks] Venison Recipes Wanted

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Wed Oct 22 21:32:22 PDT 2008

I'd be glad to (about the mushrooms).  When they start showing up (markets
aren't open until May), I'll price them and let you know.  They dry pretty
easily and pretty fast.
One of my favorite dishes from a now-unfortunately-retired restaurant was (I
may mangle the Italian) "linguine con funghi et fromaggio."  Fresh pasta, a
variety of fresh, local mushrooms sauteed in a mix of olive oil and butter,
served with, IIRC, toasted pine nuts, fresh parsley, and shavings of a good
parmigiano-regiano cheese.  And pomegranate seeds in season.  Simple and
perfect....*sigh*
--Maire