[Sca-cooks] Gullaj/Gullach

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Oct 15 18:40:06 PDT 2008

Modern is made from
Ingredients (Icindekiler): Water, Maize Starch, Extra Wheat Flour,
Vegetable Oil, Egg.
(Su, Misir Nisastasi, Ekstra Un, Bitkisel Yag, Yumurta.)

http://www.tasteofturkey.com/mystore.php?Page=Product&ProductId=217

For those that want to know what we are talking about--
Fully described here: http://www.saffetabdullah.com.tr/eng/gullac.php
http://www.thy.com/en-INT/corporate/skylife/article.aspx?mkl=143
http://www.hotelsinfethiye.com/SNews/GUllaC,_delicious_queen_of-1056.htm

My one cookbook Timeless Tastes. Turkish Culinary Culture has a recipe
for gullac.
It indicates that you use  starch wafers. Rather like calling for a
certain type of cookie crust.

Johnna