[Sca-cooks] Largesse

Sisuile Butler sisuile at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 09:40:53 PDT 2008

In the current context -

A reign being an expensive proposition, many people aid the Crown in this
gift-giving by providing the Crown (or barony) works. In addition to largess
given to members of the populace as atta-boys, the crown is also expected to
provide suitably cool presents for royal cousins whom they are visiting or
who are visiting their kingdom, or who they would like to bribe to fight
with them in the next war. The populace often helps with supplying materials
for these baskets. For example, I am starting to re-ramp up my largess given
to the crown, and so this reign I have a dozen small bottles of cordial and
am planning to braid a few yards of seal tags. I know that soap, jams and
jellies, herbs, woven trims, wooden toys, etc. have all been made and
donated to the Crown for distribution as They see fit.

-Sisuile Buitilier