[Sca-cooks] OOP canning adventures

Lisa ladyemp at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 14 10:05:15 PDT 2008

*snip*
> One caution, if you are pressure canning you should be using new jars,
> since reused ones may have stress-induced flaws that cause them to shatter
> under the pressure of the canner.
>
> Margaret
> (T-minus four days to an actual kitchen!!!)
*snip*

Very valid point, although my mom for a good many years used the same jars
over and over.  We did most of our canning with hot baths to seal them and
only rarely (basically only when we HAD to) used the pressure cooker.  I
still remember how to do most of the canning my mom and I did, even though
it was enough years ago I should have forgotten lol...

Elizabeta of Rundel