[Sca-cooks] Llibre de totes maneres de confits / Llibre de Sent Soví

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Mon Oct 20 13:50:03 PDT 2008

What Freda was looking at--
http://www.uni-giessen.de/gloning/tx/confits.htm
is the "*Libre de totes maneres de confits*". Un tratado manual
cuatrocentista de arte de dulcería. In: Boletín de la Real Academia de
Buenas Letras de Barcelona 19 (1946) 97-134.
Vincent Cuenca  was working on a
translation of this several years back according to the website at
http://www.thousandeggs.com/msproj.html

As far as I can determine the new book titled in English The Book of
Sent Sovi does not include Llibre de totes maneres de confits or the MS
68 of the Library of the University of Barcelona. The 2003 or 2004
*Llibre de sent soví ; Llibre de totes maneres de potatges de menjar /*
book edited by Grewe did include Llibre de totes maneres de confits,
edició crítica de Joan SANTANACH I SUÑOL.It was 327 pages and according
to the cataloguing also included "Llibre de totes maneres de potatges de
menjar.; 2004.; Llibre de totes maneres de confits.; 2004."

This 2008 edition in English is based upon a 2006 work published in
Barcelona and it seems to have left it out. It's only 232
pages and many pages are full of white space.*

Hope this helps,

Johnnae*