[Sca-cooks] Venison Recipes Wanted

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 14:45:13 PDT 2008

Yes, they are yellow mushrooms, very beautiful and tasty, they grow
plentiful in the North of Europe. And I believed in English venison was the
generic name of all meats from the family of deers, it is, reindeers and
eelks as well.
Ana

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 11:36 PM, Gretchen Beck <grm at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

> --On Wednesday, October 22, 2008 4:29 PM -0500 Stefan li Rous
> <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > <<< We serve it with chantarelles and lingonberries. >>>
> >
> > What are "chantarelles"? is this one of the preserved meats talked about
> > here previously?  Unfortunately over here in Ansteorra the only
> > lingonberries were in preserves/jams and they weren't cheap!
>
> I believe they are a form of mushroom - see
> <http://users.aristotle.net/~russjohn/nature/mush.html<http://users.aristotle.net/%7Erussjohn/nature/mush.html>>
> for a story of
> stalking the wild chanterelle.
>
> toodles, margaret

http://anavaldes.wordpress.com
http://caravia.stumbleupon.com
http://www.crusading.se
Gondolgatan 2 l tr
12832 Skarpnäck
Sweden
tel +468-943288
mobil 4670-3213370

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your
eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long
to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci