[Sca-cooks] Historical Apples

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue Oct 28 19:58:19 PDT 2008

One has to do this state by state. What I can locate in Michigan is
not what finds in California or Virginia for instance.
In California--
http://www.latimes.com/features/food/la-fo-apples12sep12,1,2159365.story?coll=la-headlines-food
http://www.allaboutapples.com/orchard/ca04.htm

General notes and a full series of links:
http://www.ithaca.edu/staff/jhenderson/apple.html

You might run names of available varieties that you encounter through
the database
at http://lescrets.free.fr/pomme1/fpommes/varietes.html
http://www.westonapples.com/apples.htm  also has dates.

I'll check my copy of Morgan and Richards The New Book of Apples and see
what it says.

Johnnae