[Sca-cooks] Period Halloween/Samhain dishes

Amy Cooper amy.s.cooper at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 10:58:01 PDT 2008

Our shire is having a bit of a Halloween celebration in a few weeks,
for our monthly feast-night potluck. I like to try to bring period
foods to these, to broaden the shires' tastes, and hopefully entice
some folks to try period cooking. I'd love to bring a dish to this
upcoming one that is a food that would have been served as part of the
Halloween/Samhain celebrations of someplace/time in period. The only
thing I've seen mentioned in my quick diggings on the Florilegium are
"soul-cakes", and there is not a recipe given that I've found. Does
anyone have any suggestions/recipes?

Thanks!

Ilsebet