[Sca-cooks] scallops

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Oct 3 01:09:04 PDT 2008

Gunthar commented:
<<< But I'll also need to do it with brisket because Elizabeth doesn't
like lamb. Personally I think it is similar to her not liking
scallops until she had a properly prepared one. >>>

So what is your favorite method/recipe for cooking scallops?

I'd like to try cooking scallops sometime.  They do tend to be
expensive, so it will probably have to wait until I'm employed again,
though. Of course, that's why I haven't cooked them before. Although
some types, bay scallops?, are cheaper than others.

A quick search in the Florilegium does turn up a number of period
recipes for scallops, but at the price of scallops I'm not sure I'd
do the ones that have you mincing or grinding up the scallops. Might
as well use a cheaper fish for that.

I wonder if scallops are another of those foods, like lobster, which
have done a flip-flop from being poor people's food to being
expensive delicacies for the more well off.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com