[Sca-cooks] Celia's Hundred (was RE: The Omnivore's Hundred)

Mark S. Harris MarkSHarris at austin.rr.com
Tue Sep 9 00:17:15 PDT 2008

<<< And Antonia replied:
<<"Curry" covers a huge range of possibilities.  It could be anything
from
very hot to very mild.>>

That's what I meant :)  And is why I always ask first, or ask for a
taster
spoon before getting a full order. Celia >>>

Thank you. I guess it had never occurred to me to ask for a "taster
spoon" at a restaurant, but I'll have to keep this in mind. Either
when I'm trying something new, or even for my wife who is very
sensitive to spicy foods.  There have been times when a sauce has
been too hot for her, when previously the same sauce had been okay.
Of course the spiciness of something in a spoon will sometimes differ
from when it is eaten with something else, but usually things are
hotter when eaten alone, so at least the error is in the right
direction.

Stefan