[Sca-cooks] Silk Worms as Food?

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue Sep 9 19:17:19 PDT 2008

http://www.wormspit.com/wormfoods.htm

Must be recipes someplace or a description.
"A northern Vietnamese dish it is interesting to note that the
proprietess of the cơm trưa said that silkworms die after they finish
making silk, so what we eat is their dead carcasses. Waste not, want
not." Also a note that they are eaten in Korea. Another note says:
/"Silkworms/ are mainly eaten in southern parts of China."
Probably the best might be here
http://www.flavorandfortune.com/dataaccess/article.php?ID=247
also see:
http://www.foshantravel.com/en/food.html
http://www.bertc.com/worm.htm
Illinois still does their insect cuisine event.
http://www.life.uiuc.edu/ib/109/Lab/Edible%20Insects/Edible%20Insect%20lab%20recipes.html

I don't know if we can turn up a period recipe or not. the Fortune &
Flavor article might do
for documentation.

Johnnae