[Sca-cooks] Indian Hens, pictures of Turkeys

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Thu Sep 11 14:45:16 PDT 2008

I took a look at those pages.  Marvelous!  I wish I could read the text
though.  The page after the hen-turkie showed a bird that looked much to
me like a Pelican, with a shortish beak but with the characteristic
pouch.  But I can't quite make out the text enough to chug it through
Google's translation software.

With thanks,
Selene

Pretty good.  Kropffganz (modernly, die Kropfgans) means "craw goose" and is
a name for the pelican.  Der Pelikan seems to be a more common usage.

Bear