[Sca-cooks] Redaction (Was: Some recipes that I have redacted)

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Mon Sep 15 16:00:18 PDT 2008

On Sep 15, 2008, at 6:36 PM, Antonia Calvo wrote:

> Huette von Ahrens wrote:
>
>> Our local barony had their Anniversary Tournament on Saturday and
>> there was a pot luck luncheon at noon.  Here are the recipes that I
>> used and my redactions with commentaries.
>>

> As a general question, do most cooks on this list actually do formal
> redaction when working from period resources?  Or do some people
> just keep the period source and wing it?

If I'm just fooling around at home I'll wing it straight from the
source, but if it's for a feast, I'll want to be able to explain it
clearly to others and have quantities for a shopping list, and
questions on timing answered in advance, so I generally do a formal
adaptation.

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter