[Sca-cooks] book question

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Sep 17 10:41:29 PDT 2008

I just looked at the original message realized it was you.
You have a different email and you split your name apart in the original
query.
Let's see for Mistress Gwencat--
You might get the Brears. It's going to be one of those big books that
everyone refers to in coming years.
Other big books are the Terence Scully translations of either La Varenne
or The Opera of Bartolomeo Scappi (1570): L'arte et prudenza d'un
maestro Cuoco (The Art and Craft of a Master Cook) (Lorenzo Da Ponte
Italian Library) (Hardcover)
which is listed now for December.

The Book of Sent Sovi­: Medieval recipes from Catalonia (Textos B)
(Textos B) (Paperback) is out and Amazon is carrying that one.
Search it under sent sovi and it comes up at $23.07

I don't think there is much coming out in German/English or vice versa.

PW came today so I'll be doing my list this week of forthcoming titles.

Johnnae