[Sca-cooks] A Warning Was Cleaning metal

james of the vayle jamesofthevayle at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 19:51:21 PDT 2008

It is called chlorine gas.

Daniel & Elizabeth Phelps wrote:
> Was written:
>> A friend suggested putting the item in a black plastic bag, covering 
>> it with ammonia, and putting it in the sun to heat up for a couple of 
>> hours. Ammonia is not as toxic as oven cleaner, just don't mix it 
>> with vinegar or another acid.  I haven't tried this myself.
> Do we have a chemist on the list?
> While I am not a chemist... please... please... under no cercumstances 
> mix ammonia with chlorine bleach either.  It is my understanding that 
> the gas generated in the reaction of those two substances is quite toxic.
> Daniel
> _______________________________________________
> Sca-cooks mailing list
> Sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org
> http://lists.ansteorra.org/listinfo.cgi/sca-cooks-ansteorra.org

More information about the Sca-cooks mailing list