[Sca-cooks] Haaaaaaaaaaalp!!!!!!

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 19 05:06:02 PDT 2008

>Message: 8
>Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 23:16:06 -0700
>From: "Laura C. Minnick" <lcm at jeffnet.org>
>Subject: [Sca-cooks] HAAAAAAALLLLLPPP!!!!
>To: SCA-Cooks <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
>
>HI all!
>
>I'm pulling together the shopping list/ menu, etc for this weekend's
>tourney, and have found that a recupe I want to use is mysteriously
>missing from my notebook. It was called 'Angel food', was a blend of
>soft cheeses and (I think) rosewater and sugar. But I can't find it
>anywhere and a quick search of online sources are not turning it up.
>Does anyone recognize it, offhand, Where is it from? I really want to
>make it this weekend but I'm not certain on the ingredients!
>
>Any help is much appreciated,
>'Lainie

Until someone who actually the recipe turns up, my Google-fu found this:

http://everything2.com/e2node/Angel%2527s%2520food

To me, it sounds a bit like a filling that could have been used for cannoli (pre-vanilla and pre bittersweet chocolate) ...

I'd add mascarpone cheese in there, too, for more texture.

And speaking of cannoli, these look yummy:

http://serendipitouschef.blogspot.com/2006/03/shf-17-cannoli-with-honey-and.html

Gianotta