[Sca-cooks] The Eminent Maestro Martino of Como

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 21 15:24:03 PDT 2008

Antonia Calvo wrote:
> This seems like an awfully good price
> http://www.ucpress.edu/books/pages/9423.php

It is!  The editor, Prof. Ballerini, spoke before the Culinary
Historians of Southern California a couple of year ago or so, and was
delighted to hear about people who actually wanted it as a COOKBOOK
rather than an historical study.  He wants us to do the thing with a
peacock served in its skin... um, I'm not sure I want to risk that, and
besides, peacocks are protected in L.A. County.   Last I heard, he was
still at UCLA and I want to invite him to a major feast, one of these
days.  When's the next one within striking distance of West L.A.
anyway?  Next coronation is in Las Vegas.  They are a great group but
that's not near the coast.

Selene