[Sca-cooks] Vikings in Minnesota

Chad White usarmymutt at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 21 19:14:06 PDT 2008

There were several 'false' Viking settlements, hoaxs perpretrated in the late 19th/early 20th centuries in Canada and North America.

Eric the Red founded the first settlements in Greenland.  His son, Lief Erikson explored and settled in Vinland/North America.  L'Anse Aux Meadows is the only know/discovered settlement, but the sagas describe more than one settlement.  Other than  a single coin found in a Native American trash heap in Maine, little to no evidence exists other than Meadows.

Yours in Service,

Chad M. White
Crimthann of Fid-Nemed

'Habit maketh no monke, ne wearing of gilt spurs maketh no knight'
-Thomas Usk, under-sheriff of London, 1387