[Sca-cooks] [OT/OOP] Comfort food experience

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Sun Sep 28 19:44:51 PDT 2008

Not that I would have done any such thing when we were stationed in
Germany... (

Cost a bottle of Jim Beam whiskey to get my dryer hooked up while we lived
on the "economy".  I used to buy boxes of Froot Loops cereal for my
neighbors because their kids had become die hard fans when they lived in the
US for 6 months once.  They were wonderful to us, helping whenever we needed
translation of both language and customs so it was a real pleasure on both
sides.

If you are anywhere near an American military outpost, you might see about
striking up a friendship.  I have wonderful memories of the German and
American friends I made in the SCA there.  You might make some firm friends
this way as well as get your syrup (make sure they understand you want "real
maple syrup" since most pancake syrup is labeled Maple flavored - which
might be what your grandmother actually used.

Regina Romsey