[Sca-cooks] Bean Paste in Soup for the Qan

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue Sep 30 06:23:46 PDT 2008

Actually under the term Recipes on page 697 of A Soup for the Qan
in the second column there are are a number of pages listed under the
entry:
Bean paste121, 148, 152, 170, 282, 283, 314, 316.
Bean purees are on page 73.
Perhaps those entries on those pages might answer your questions.

Since you've got the time before the feast, I'd suggest getting hold of
a copy of
Ken Albala's Beans A History. He has an entire chapter on soybeans in
China.
There's  also mentions throughout the book on other beans being used in
China.

Johnnae (playing librarian again)

Johnnae