[Sca-cooks] ISO carbonado references.

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Tue Sep 2 12:46:56 PDT 2008

I just did a quick scan of the 1598 Epulario and although there are
recipes that are similar to the below they don't seem to have made it
through with the title "Carbonata" or any of the variations into the
English.
Once I am able to access the library I will check the original
Italian of the Epulario and compare it to the 1598 English
translation to see which recipe (if any) corresponds to the Martino/
Platina recipes.
Any of you out there doing Spanish research that can look up
carbonata's in the Spanish corpus?
Seems the Italian link is fairly solid.
French? Earlier French recipes with the title, techniques or
ingredients?
Markham many have (as Bear suggests) got hold of a French version of
De Honesta rather than a carbonata from an earlier French version.
Thorvald or others is it in any of the French sources?

This is a very interesting dish to trace.

Although totally different it makes me want some Pasta Carbonara!

Eduardo

Food is life. May the plenty that graces your table truly be a VAST
REPAST.

David Walddon
david at vastrepast.com
www.vastrepast.com