[Sca-cooks] OOP but WANT!!!!!

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Fri Sep 5 04:07:06 PDT 2008

  I wouldn't use them over a campfire or outdoors but actually this set
is listed as
"With its stainless-steel exterior and interior, Ruffoni Opus Prima
cookware is easy to use and maintain. It performs well on any stovetop
and in the oven. And it’s dishwasher safe, except for the lid’s
silver-plated knob, which is easily removed."
They have several lines of pots and pans.
http://www.ruffoniusa.com/products.cfm

Another description in the W-S website reads:

After more than 45 years of producing extraordinary pots and pans from
copper, the Ruffoni family is channeling its artistry and craftsmanship
into clad stainless-steel cookware of the same exceptional quality.
Developed for Williams-Sonoma, this versatile sauté pan is made from
alternating layers of stainless steel and aluminum, creating a cooking
surface that conducts heat efficiently, eliminates hot spots and
withstands rigorous use. The handle and lid are solid stainless steel,
and the lid’s knob is hand cast in brass and plated in silver by a
Milanese silversmith. The hand-hammered stainless-steel exterior makes
each pan one of a kind, as denoted by its unique serial number inscribed
on the bottom. The pot is dishwasher safe, with the knob removable for
hand washing. 5-qt. cap., 10 1/4" diam. Made in Italy. A Williams-Sonoma
exclusive.

I really don't think that the pot that suffered catastrophe at the War
was the same as these pans are new and just being offered.
So Was it stainless steel or are we talking about another line of
Ruffoni pans?

Johnnae

Georgia Foster wrote:
> I am having such a lust issue with these -
>
> http://www.williams-sonoma.com/gift/thm/SptRss/index.cfm?dynlink=spt
> not period but OH so PRETTY  in a OOOO LOOK SHINEY sort of way!!

At the risk of quenching the lust, allow me to bring it back on topic and
show you what can happen when you use the pot in period cooking. The
following photos of said pot at our annual (it's tradition!) Cook's Madness
at Pennsic:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gaylin/220132957/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gaylin/220132525/