[Sca-cooks] pots and glaze RE: OOP but WANT!!!!!

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Fri Sep 5 23:30:07 PDT 2008

I can't remember if it is either Mayco or Duncan that makes a clear glaze
that is high gloss like that in the picture. I have used it once or twice on
some of my ceramic pieces when it is in stock at the craft place. Since I
missed the part about it being from Macedonia and not a Macedonian style
pot, I was commenting on the latter being possibly underglaze with a clear
glaze on top which usually lead free.
If I had not over looked the "from Macedonia" I would have agreed that the
glaze would be questionable for lead content.
Looking at the picture it looked as if the interior had a glaze but if he
says that there wasn't any glaze on the interior then my question would be,
why would he think that it was to be used for cooking? Are there countries
where an unglazed interior is used for cooking?

De