[Sca-cooks] Semi-topical query re one of The Hundred: Cigars

Kingstaste kingstaste at comcast.net
Mon Sep 8 15:12:54 PDT 2008

On the smoking jacket, I suspect it is a way of not saturating your
wool suit jacket, bathrobe, or other clothing with the smell of stale
smoke, from the days when woolen clothing was often primarily cleaned
by simply brushing it. Or, if you're one of those people that drops
semi-live ashes on your clothing, it can provide some measure of
protection to have a dedicated smoking garment to screw up.

I can sympathize with you on your Dad's car; secondhand cigar smoke
can be pretty unspeakable compared to the experience of actually
inhaling (or rather, tasting) the fresh stuff. That's why I smoke out
on the balcony; it doesn't stink up the house, and I can relax and
watch the world go by, watch the sunset, etc., and it also keeps the
mosquitos at bay ;-) .

Adamantius

So do you wear your smoking jacket out on your balcony?  I'm trying to get a
mental picture here...
LOL
Christianna