[Sca-cooks] Redaction (Was: Some recipes that I have redacted)

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 15 19:06:22 PDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
I do formal redactions and keep meticulous notes on what I do when
redacting. I have received no end of friendly ribbing for my ... ummm
... attention to detail. Any recipe that I redact might end up in a
feast and I demand reliability and repeatability out of my recipes. > > > >

I have great respect for the detail and precision of your craft.  I only
giggle a little when I remember you calling up to ask for 124 cubeb berries.
I understand completely how you got there . . . it was just funny hearing
YOU ask ME for that precise number of little round thingies.  I have less
sbject precision in my style than to multiply the number of berries and
count them out.  I did learn to and continue to value prep sheets, scaled
recipes and preportioning some items like spices in order to assure
useability and delegationability(?).

There is a classic noodlish recipe that calls for rubbing eggs with
breadcrumb into a broth . . . just like I had you do at that one outdoor
near feasco that you saved nicely.  A memory near to my heart when I think
about my prep sheets and think about testing dishes before too-often
deciding not to.

niccolo difrancesco