[Sca-cooks] Braise

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Fri Sep 19 05:10:03 PDT 2008

In case people haven't heard the news
Braise is the operable word this fall and winter. It's all in!
Lots of new books on slow cooking plus shelves full of Le Creuset Round
Dutch Ovens, etc.
Williams-Sonoma is also pushing
their new jars of concoctions of Yankee Pot Roast Braising Base,
Irish Stout Braising Base, and this one for Coq au Vin Braising Base
which is described as

"An American classic, pot roast is derived from early New England
recipes that called for slowly simmering large cuts of meat in covered
pots to elicit rich flavor and succulent tenderness. Our easy-to-use
braising base simplifies making a savory beef or lamb roast, as well as
short ribs. It combines hearty, full-bodied red wine with earthy
mushrooms and the traditional celery and carrots, simmered together for
hours to achieve the depth and complexity of the classic preparation.
24.5 oz. A Williams-Sonoma exclusive."

Yes in a jar 24.5 ounces for $16.00

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/srch/index.cfm?words=braise

And they are even offering "Classes" and demos on how to use these jars
of braise base to create your own pot roast at home
in case I guess if you can't figure that part out.

Johnnae