[Sca-cooks] OOP PETA's Suggestion to Ben and Jerry

Barbara Benson voxeight at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 12:38:29 PDT 2008

Regardless of the production issues, I cannot see this working for
another significant reason - the lactating woman's diet.

Anything that the woman eats is transferred, in a smaller way, to the
woman's breast milk. Anyone in the side business of selling their
breast milk would have to be on a severely restricted and documented
diet so that the manufacturer of the end product could guarantee the
safety and content of the end product.

No drinking, no drugs (recreational or otherwise) and no common
allergen foodstuffs. All of the allergy issues we have discussed on
this here list? The "producer" could not eat any of those things - so
no peanuts, soy, wheat, dairy etc ... etc ... or the end manufacturer
would have to label the end product appropriately as contaminated with
these items.

And assuming that the reason for using the breast milk is that people
wanted a healthier product then the woman would have to be able to
ensure that she is consuming a hormone free, antibiotic free,
pesticide free diet.

Hmmmm, how many hours at the gym would a woman have to out in to be
considered "Free Range"?

Hey! I am just taking it to it's logical conclusion.

--
Serena
a recovering Lactator

Oh, and in regards to an earlier question. Ice cream - yes, Cheese - no.