[Sca-cooks] OOP but WANT!!!!!

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu Sep 4 12:37:12 PDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 3:22 PM, Dragon <dragon at crimson-dragon.com> wrote:
> The only reason I mention this is because so many people think that the only
> way to cook something is OVER the fire and that just isn't true.
>
> And while I thought you would likely know this (which you have now
> confirmed), it was just something that is a bit of a pet peeve of mine when
> teaching people to cook on an open fire.
>

> Dragon

S'OK. You're rather new to the List, and thus unaware that I've been
doing open fire cookery for years, even before the various experiments
we've been doing with pottery as shown on Michael's site. Did you see:

http://users.stlcc.edu/mfuller/pennsic2005cooking.html
http://users.stlcc.edu/mfuller/pennsic2006cooking.html
http://users.stlcc.edu/mfuller/pennsic2007cooking.html

?

It started as part of the Knowne Worlde Cooke's Potlucke, but as
people decided they weren't interested, this year we just did it for
ourselves, anyway. Next year, I think we'll be doing it twice, once
during each week, at least, that's the plan.

At the moment, I'm interested in experimenting with the tuyeres Elaine
made me for my wooden forge- in fact the clay to set it in is almost
ready, and I'm sewing the shelter for the set up as we type.

I HATE sewing...

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up