[Sca-cooks] The Omnivore's Hundred

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sun Sep 7 10:44:06 PDT 2008

In a message dated 9/7/2008 10:49:23 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
kingstaste at comcast.net writes:

<<  1. Venison - Eaten and like
2. Nettle tea - never had
3. Huevos rancheros - willing to try
4. Steak tartare - eaten
5. Crocodile - eaten and liked

6. Black pudding - might try on a bet (I know what it is and it wierds me out)
7. Cheese fondue - eaten
8. Carp - haven', but can't think of any reason why I wouldn't
9. Borscht - eaten
10. Baba ghanoush - not positive what this is

11. Calamari -eaten and like if made well
12. Pho - don't know what this is
13. PB&J sandwich - eaten
14. Aloo gobi - don't know what this is
15. Hot dog from a street cart - eaten
16.  Epoisses - don't know what this is
17. Black truffle - haven't tried, probably would
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes - drank
19. Steamed pork buns - willing to try
20. Pistachio ice cream - willing to try
21. Heirloom tomatoes - would LOVE to try
22. Fresh wild berries - eaten (Dad used to take us to pick wild blackberries
every year)
23. Foie gras - eaten
24. Rice and beans - eaten
25. Brawn, or head cheese - would try
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper - absolutely not - can't handle that kind of
hot/spicy
27. Dulce de leche - think I have
28. Oysters - have, won't again
29. Baklava (Both Greek and Persian) - have eaten
30. Bagna cauda - not sure what this is
31. Wasabi peas - had them once, didn't get the point
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl - YUM
33. Salted lassi - don't knwo what this is
34. Sauerkraut - yep
35. Root beer float - yep
36. Cognac with a fat cigar  - had cognac, will never have even a small cigar
:-)
37. Clotted cream tea - want to, very much
38. Vodka jelly - doesn't interest me
39. Gumbo - eaten
40. Oxtail - think I've eaten oxtail soup...
41. Curried goat - would probalby try it, but don't really like curry.  I've
eaten goat.
42. Whole insects - does an ant at Pennsic this year count?  Those things are
sour!
43. Phaal - don't know what this is
44. Goat’s milk - probably try it
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more - why bother?  I don't
like whisky.
46. Fugu - not sure what this is
47. Chicken tikka masala - not sure what this is, but would probably try it
48. Eel - eaten
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut -eaten (glazed raspberry filled are
better)
50. Sea urchin - not eaten
51. Prickly pear  - not eaten
52. Umeboshi - don't know what this is
53. Abalone - never eaten, probably would try it
54. Paneer - don't know what this is
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal - ick, no.

56. Spaetzle - eaten
57. Dirty gin martini - nah, not much for martinis
58. Beer above 8% ABV - not unless some of the homemade ones I've had have
hit that level.
59. Poutine - would probably try it
60. Carob chips - no, don't like anything that tastes like chocolate
61. S’mores - see above.  I make s'mores with just the marshmallow and the
graham cracker
62. Sweetbreads - haven't, probably would
63. Kaolin  - not sure what this is
64. Currywurst - not sure what this is
65. Durian - never tried it
66. Frogs’ legs - eaten and liked
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake - YUM
68. Haggis - eaten, not bad
69. Fried plantain - never had, would try it
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette - don't think I've ever had
71. Gazpacho - yep, it's good!
72. Caviar and blini - would probably try it
73. Louche absinthe - no
74. Gjetost, or brunost - not sure what this is
75. Roadkill - I think I had some roadkilled venison once...
76. Baijiu - don't know what this is
77. Hostess Fruit Pie - yes
78. Snail - would probably try it
79. Lapsang souchong -don't know what this is
80. Bellini - don't know what this is
81. Tom yum - don't know what this is
82. Eggs Benedict - eaten
83. Pocky - not sure what this is
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant  - can't see why not.
85. Kobe beef - don't think I have, certainly would.
86. Hare  - would like to try
87. Goulash - have eaten
88. Flowers - have eaten
89. Horse - never have, but would try it
90. Criollo chocolate - see note above about chocolate
91. Spam - ick, never again if I can help it.
92. Soft shell crab - no thanks
93. Rose harissa - don't know what this is
94. Catfish - have eaten
95. Mole poblano - not sure exactly what it is, but "mole" is
chocolate-flavored, right?  If so, see above
96. Bagel and lox - YUM
97. Lobster Thermidor - never had, but would try
98. Polenta - have eaten
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee - no, don't like coffee any more than I
like chocolate
100. Snake - haven't but would.

Brangwayna Morgan

Plus 1: a balut  Try it IF YOU DARE!