[Sca-cooks] Christianna's Hundred

Robin Carroll-Mann rcarrollmann at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 18:10:17 PDT 2008

I've just annotated
yes - have eaten
never again - have eaten, wouldn't repeat
*would enjoy trying
Items left blank are ones I haven't tried, and don't feel strongly
about.  Would probably try them, but not go out of my way.

1. Venison - yes
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros - yes
4. Steak tartare -yes
5. Crocodile - yes (alligator)
6. Black pudding - yes, but I like white pudding better
7. Cheese fondue - yes
8. Carp - yes (in gefilte fish)
9. Borscht - yes
10. Baba ghanoush - yes
11. Calamari  - yes
12. Pho  - yes (local Asian food court has a Vietnamese stall)
13. PB&J sandwich  - yes
14. Aloo gobi  - yes
15. Hot dog from a street cart  - yes
16.  Epoisses
17. Black truffle*
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes - yes
19. Steamed pork buns - yes
20. Pistachio ice cream - yes
21. Heirloom tomatoes - yes (I think - have eaten locally grown)
22. Fresh wild berries - yes
23. Foie gras - yes
24. Rice and beans - yes
25. Brawn, or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper  (I'm a spice weenie!) - wouldn't try,
don't handle strong heat well
27. Dulce de leche*
28. Oysters - yes
29. Baklava  - yes
30. Bagna cauda*
31. Wasabi peas - yes, wouldn't repeat (too hot)
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl - yes
33. Salted lassi - yes, prefer sweet
34. Sauerkraut - yes
35. Root beer float
36. Cognac with a fat cigar - no, the cigar is a dealbreaker
37. Clotted cream tea - yes
38. Vodka jelly - not interested
39. Gumbo*
40. Oxtail*
41. Curried goat - yes, if goat biryani counts
42. Whole insects - my mother says I enjoyed chocolate-covered ants as
a toddler.  I might try insects again -- not eager for the experience
43. Phaal - no, too hot
44. Goat's milk - yes
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more - don't like
whisky, so it would be wasted on me
46. Fugu - no, I'm chicken
47. Chicken tikka masala - love it
48. Eel - one of my favorite forms of sushi
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut  - yes, it's okay
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear - yes, if this is the kind sold as sabra in Israel
52. Umeboshi
53. Abalone
54. Paneer  - yes
55. McDonald's Big Mac Meal  - yes
56. Spaetzle - yes
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV - hate all beer
59. Poutine*
60. Carob chips - yes
61. S'mores - yes
62. Sweetbreads - would try, but am not enthusiastic about the texture
of most organ meats
63. Kaolin - yes, in Kaopectate
64. Currywurst
65. Durian
66. Frogs' legs - yes
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake - yes
68. Haggis - yes
69. Fried plantain - yes
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette*
71. Gazpacho - yes
72. Caviar and blini - yes
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost, or brunost - yes, like it a lot
75. Roadkill - would not try
76. Baijiu
77. Hostess Fruit Pie - yes
78. Snail - yes
79. Lapsang souchong - yes
80. Bellini*
81. Tom yum - yes
82. Eggs Benedict - yes
83. Pocky
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant*
85. Kobe beef*
86. Hare - yes
87. Goulash - yes
88. Flowers - yes
89. Horse
90. Criollo chocolate*
91. Spam
92. Soft shell crab - yes
93. Rose harissa
94. Catfish - yes
95. Mole poblano - yes
96. Bagel and lox - yes
97. Lobster Thermidor*
98. Polenta - yes
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee - yes, was underwhelmed
100. Snake

Brighid ni Chiarain