[Sca-cooks] A proposal: Das Kochbuch der Philippine Welser

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 26 17:38:02 PDT 2008

I have been working on this book for some time, up until my husband accidently deleted all my files.  I believe that Master Tirloch is working on this book also.

The copyright problem is that this book has been transcribed from the original into modern German.  The modern German part is and has been copyrighted.  The original is still in public domain.  I think, although I am no expert, that if you translated it into English, you could place it on your website for public viewing as long as you give attribution to the transcriber/translator.  But you cannot, absolutely cannot, publish your translations for any kind of remuneration nor could you publish them in the TI or CA without first getting permission of the transcriber/translator.

I have to get back to my translations.  I am hoping that once I finish, I can place it on someone's website so that others can benefit from my work.

Mistress Huette