[Sca-cooks] trivets

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Sep 4 21:03:33 PDT 2008

Saint Phlip did speak thusly:
Well, pottery occasionally has its issues, too:

http://users.stlcc.edu/mfuller/pennsic2008cooking.html

But, these often help (first set of photos, of one of my students):

http://users.stlcc.edu/mfuller/pennsic2008forge.html

I do hope you were cooking over coals, and not the fire, Iasmine.
Coals and their temperatures are an awful lot easier to manage.

Trivets are a wonderful thing.
----------

Phlip,

I've looked at the photographs you posted, or pointed us to.

Is the trivet in the photos made using two pieces of iron forge
welded together? Or was this done using one piece of iron, somehow
bent into that tight bend?  If so, how did you do so without the iron
cracking?

Thanks,
    Stefan
--------