[Sca-cooks] Disaster relief

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 17:02:57 PDT 2008

Whooh,
I remember vaguely 1955. We were in the states for the month of August
cause my father was finishing an MA in Boston. We were visiting friends
in the Poconos and the rains flooded the garage. Our hosts and my
mother, my sisters and the neighbors all helped.l I was to little to do
much but after that we saw houses floating away in the valley below on
the news at the movies.
    We went to Puerto Arenses (sp?) when I was little too cause my
sister needed salt water and tar. Recently I went back there with an old
friend and passed by Houston to see other friends. Man it is so
impressive when your stone bridge or other material connection is
suddenly destroyed.
    I am impressed and concerned for all of you who are affected.
Suey