[Sca-cooks] Vikings in Minnesota

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Sun Sep 21 17:33:44 PDT 2008

Perhaps some of you saw this on SCAtoday - a "Nordic Inn" that has been opened in Northshield (http://www.vikinginn.com/default.asp ).  They offer food and the last paragraph says:

"The Vikings were seafaring people who traveled the world and spread their culture through Europe. In doing so they also picked up things from other cultures. Our menu is varied in celebration of the Vikings rich history. We serve our food with the pride and the robust nature of the Vikings in our Viking attire. When you choose The Barbarian Banquet Company you have chosen not only grand food service but the gift of memories.   (http://www.yourfeast.com/ )"

This lovely fare includes tomatoes and chocolate.  The Vikings certainly traveled far... in time, if nothing else!  Curry, potatoes, broccoli and the ever-popular roasted turkey legs are included in the "Viking" fare.

And, to clothe yourself in Viking garb, check http://www.vikingvear.com/ .

Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com
http://home.netcom.com/~alysk/