[Sca-cooks] Honey Butter

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 14:49:52 PDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 4:00 PM, David Friedman <ddfr at daviddfriedman.com>wrote:

> By Katrine. Some of the recipes were of questionable authenticity, but I
> think mine were all real.

I had forgotten that some of the recipes in the book were yours...

> They were all four pages to a page--I was trying to keep the cost down so
> that everyone could afford one. The first generation was almost entirely
> readable, with some effort--I can't speak to the fourth.

I understand and that was why I purchased a copy...only to discover that I
had a problem with reading them.  And you're correct, earlier generations
were more readable, which was why I really wanted to get one.

> Yes, although not for many years. I hope he is still well.

Yes Sir TJ is...and, after being inactive in the SCA for a number of years,
he's back, along with his wife and their (now) grown son.

We've all learned a great deal over the years...I'm not familiar with the
spiced kidney bean recipe...but suffice it to say that in spite of all of
the wonderful new sources we now have, both online and in print, there are
still some who do periodoid dishes for feasts.  In fact, I suspect many of
us do, especially if that dish is one that is well-loved by those who are
going to be partaking of the feast.

Kiri