[Sca-cooks] Eggs was Hi again everyone!!!

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Fri Apr 3 16:46:58 PDT 2009

Terry Decker wrote:
> "The best way to keep eggs is in bean meal or flour and during winter
> in chaff, but fior the summertime in bran."  Pliny, Natural Histories.
>
> "The manner to keep eggs a long time is, in the winter in straw and in
> summer in bran or meal."  Columella

This reminds me- totally OOP, but I have a book written by Ezra Meeker,
one of the more important pioneers to land in Washington state. In his
account of the trip out from the Midwest, he noted that his wife buried
eggs in the flour barrel, too keep them cool. Sounds like Eliza Jane
wasn't the first one to think of this!

'Lainie

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore