[Sca-cooks] OOP Easter dinner

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Mon Apr 6 16:38:59 PDT 2009

On Apr 6, 2009, at 6:51 PM, Kathleen A Roberts wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Apr 2009 18:34:28 -0400
> Elaine Koogler <kiridono at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Well....we're planning a quiet dinner at home.
>
> well, i am afraid i am testdriving the last of my recipes for our
> cooking collegium.  the oatcakes have been tempermental.  or my
> guinea pig has. 8)

Can you tell us more about these oatcakes, including specifics on the
temperamental behavior? Maybe someone here has some useful experience
working with them. I know Giulielma Penn's recipe from the late 17th
century (which  is pretty close to Froissart's description of oatcake
manufacturing, containing essentially oats and water), but which is
somewhat different from a modern "traditional" oatcake recipe, worked
out rather well the last time I tried it.

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter